Eat and Eat

Eat and Eat is a massive complex where you can find a myriad of food stalls and food carts selling mainly Asian dishes, such as Indonesian, Singaporean, Taiwanese, Vitenamese dishes, and many more (I refrain from using the word "food court", because this place offers a whole lot more than the typical food courts do).

The cashless system is commendable, as you won't need to touch money before eating. Cashless, as in you use a piece of plastic card that's topped up with some balance beforehand, for every transaction here.
Remember to top up your card! =)
I got lost in my food adventure...
I had to take a walk around a few times, I was spoilt for choice! Their effort in trying to replicate the "old days kampong" feel, with vintage ornaments, decor and furniture, was rather impressive indeed. It made me feel like I was walking back to the past inside a bustling street food bazaar.

These were the items we ordered, there were 4 of us, so we ordered quite a number:
Nasi Goreng Udang (Shrimp Fried Rice) IDR 27,500
Nasi Kuning Ayam (yellow rice with chicken & side dishes) IDR 22,000
Sate Babi Manis & Sate Babi Kecap (sweet pork satay) IDR 31,000
Hainanese Chicken Rice, with free range chicken IDR 37,000
Chocolate Klapertaart IDR 14,500
Kembang Tahu (soya bean curd in ginger soup) IDR 11,000
Ronde Kacang (glutinuous rice balls with peanut filling in ginger soup) IDR 13,000
Price wise, I think they're quite decent...it is inside a shopping mall, after all! While for the food quality & taste, I can't comment much on it, as I didn't try all. However the ones I tried with my family were quite decent, perhaps you'll be luckier than me? =)

Eat and Eat
Jakarta:
- Mall Kelapa Gading 5 | 3rd Floor (above the Catwalk) | Ph: +62 21 45875450
- Summarecon Mall Serpong 2 | 2nd Floor #2F - G | Jl. Boulevard Gading Serpong - Tangerang | Ph: +62 21 29310551
- Gandaria City | 2nd Floor | Jl. KH. M. Syafii Hadzami No. 8 | Kebayoran Lama - South Jakarta | Ph: +62 21 29053138
- Kota Kasablanka | 2nd Floor #202 | Jl. Kasablanka Raya kav. 88 | Kuningan - South Jakarta
Surabaya:
- The Square Ballroom (ex Gelael Basuki Rahmat), next to Ranch Market | Jl. Jenderal Basuki Rachmat No. 16-18 |


5 comments :

  1. eh ini juga ada kan ya di summarecon mall serpong? same decorations, same vintage feeling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the address, I was like, WHAT?? Since when do they have the 5th MKG?? XD

    Kelapa Gading is so far from my area, but already put this in my eating list :) Great review as usual, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @irene: Yeah, I think it opens at SMS too, but I've never been to SMS, so I didn't know until you mentioned it =)

    @pinkcherry: Lho, itu di bon-nya ditulis MKG 5 koq T_T Was i wrong? Thanks for visiting, darl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elly, aku PR dari foodtown mall Living World mau ngajak kamu food tasting yuk ditempat kita :)
    where can i reach you? or please reply to my email annisa(at)foodtown.co.id

    aku tunggu ya, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annisa, aku udah follow up lewat email ya. Thank you for your invitation =)

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews