Yellow Fin Sake Bar & Kitchen

Still-life photography is complex enough using a pocket digital camera. Now, imagine having to do that using a DSLR camera that doesn't have a 'live preview' feature and you only had an hour to adapt and learn the various functions of the camera! If you start to wonder if this is a food or photography blog, stop wondering as this is still your yummy Culinary Bonanza ! (only sometimes I like to rant about random stuff) =D

Upon setting foot at Yellow Fin, I started snapping away with the chunky-borrowed camera in hand. The PR Manager saw me snapping photos and thought I was from the media, but I told her I'm a blogger and she sighed in relief. Relief because it was OK for a blogger to review that place, but not OK if I was from any media, because Yellow Fin was not officially launched yet and she feared that I will bi*ch about any mishaps at the fledgling place. (uh...FYI, a Blog IS a media, madame!).

The menu is still rather limited and as the name suggests, the dishes on offer are Japanese. You can find quite ordinary items, like katsu, rice bowls, ramen, etc, nothing that I cannot get elsewhere (if not at a cheaper price and probably nicer setting). But I have to comment on the ramen that I had. The soup was rather sticky...Overall, I still prefer "that ramen" to Yellow Fin's version. I heard that the dinner menu was different than lunch, so you could try coming in the evening...who knows the food is better?

Curious enough, my greatest fun was visiting the restroom (!) LOL, yeah, if you look at the photo below, I suppose you won't mind spending more than the usual amount of time in this small yet cozy, brightly-lit & clean restroom.
Ladies Restroom
I concede that Yellow Fin makes a laudable attempt in adapting the Sake Bar concept. However, to make a truly memorable impression, I guess it still has to work on the menu or start making real efforts to position itself as THE sake bar in Jakarta.
Lunch Menu
Semi-Outdoor dining area
Chicken Katsu Teishoku (Lunch Set) IDR 60,000
Hot Tonkotsu Ramen (non-halal) IDR 55,000
Chicken Teriyaki Teishoku (Lunch Set) IDR 52,000
Yellow Fin Sake Bar & Kitchen
JL. Senopati Raya No. 42 (opposite Apotik Senopati)
Ph: +62 21 7220394
@yellowfinjkt

9 comments :

  1. the restaurant looks really cozy actually, and the food looks great too! but not really good in terms of taste, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its look nice, and the food make me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  3. @irene: Hmm, nah...it didn't really impress my easily-impressed tongue. So something must really be wrong here. My friend said that the katsu was the first and the last he'll ever have. It was a little more oily than average katsu.

    @OMGF: Yeah, in terms of presentation, these do look good (or maybe I was in good in capturing the best angles of the food? hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The service at yellow fin is really bad...
    The non smoking area is full of mosquitos n hot.
    The waitresses has no manner too, especially the cashier and the manager, a real snob type.
    I will not come back to this resto, there are many high standard japenese resto in jakarta that are worth going rather to yellow fin. Very teriible service

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous: Service and ambiance are 2 of the 3 essential cores that defines a restaurant. If a place fails 2 out of 3, it already lost potential regulars like us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what are the 3 essential cores actually Ellyna?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous: I personally rate a place based on the 3 essential criteria that I've selected. These are food, service and ambiance. This is, however, my PERSONAL theory and I'm not saying that it is accepted generally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across ur blog as i was looking for food reviews around jakarta.. And I think I just fell in love with yours ! Well written & honestly criticized I must say :)

    Keep up the great work Ellyana !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting my humble site! =)
    I'm glad you find it useful. After all, a blog is a reflection of the owner's personal opinion. If I'm not honest, I'll be dam*ed ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews