Sumptuous Breakfast Buffet at Seasons Café

Writing reviews about hotel buffet is probably one of the most challenging task for me, because honestly, it is hard not to love a place that serves free-flow poached eggs, salmon, soup, pastries and many other things that make you happily abandon your diet for a few hours. Nonetheless, I still continued my (brave) endeavour to scour the best buffet restaurants in Jakarta and this time, I landed my hungry tummy at Seasons Cafe.
Seasons Cafe, the name of the buffet restaurant at Four Seasons Jakarta, was still quite vacant when I arrived at 8AM. With a choice of sitting inside or alfresco by the pool, I found myself torn between two difficult choices. The view outside was so soothing but the sun was getting higher. So, out of fear of the heat, I succumbed and chose to sit inside instead.

Canvassing the entire buffet area to check out the selection, I gathered that the variety is quite decent. All the basics are there, such as fresh cut fruits and juice, standard international selection such as western, Chinese, Indonesian & Japanese as well as basic variety of pastry & bakery.
Kue Putu Bumbung
Love the waffles! Crispy outside, tender inside, drench it in chocolate - blissful dessert!
Cold cuts section
A few highlights of my meal were the fresh strawberry and beetroot juice - lovely combo. I was addicted to the potato & ham casserole, it was gooey with cheese and creamy...none of those will ever go wrong with ham and potato, no matter how they cook it. Next was the beef teriyaki (absolutely tender beef with delicious sauce) and Oden Soup, one of the newest addition to the live stations. Oden is a Japanese winter dish consisting of several ingredients such as boiled eggs, daikon radish, konnyaku, and processed fish cakes stewed in a light, soy-flavoured dashi broth (source: Wikipedia).
Japanese Selection
Oden
This is what it looks like inside:
Buffet Price:
Breakfast IDR 185,000++ /pax
Lunch IDR 228,000++/pax
Dinner IDR 260,000++/pax

Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta
JL. H.R. Rasuna Said
Ph: +6221 2523456

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews