Bakerzin

After deliberating several places to celebrate my day with my sister & her hubby, we decided to go to for Bakerzin in Plaza Indonesia. Most notable for its wide selection of tantalizing cakes & sweets, Bakerzin also offers other dishes from appetizer to main course. 
  
Some FYIs about Bakerzin:
  • You can get 20% discount using CIMB Niaga Credit Card.
  • On your birthday, Bakerzin presents you with a 17" cake (with minimum spending of IDR 1.500.000, dine-in), that's a good deal if you're celebrating with a group of friends.
  • Lookout for its latest campaign: "Love Sweets Love Chocolate" & the Tea Time promotion (2-5pm) are really good deals.
I was pleased by how quick our orders came, in fact I was outrun that I fumbled a bit when taking the photos of each of them. So, here are what the 3 of us ordered:
Baked Potato Soup IDR 30.000
The bacon was unfortunately not crispy, but the soup was good, just imagine yourself drinking liquid mashed potato. Delish!
Smoked Beef & Mushroom Flaky Pizza IDR 35.000
The pizza was...flaky! An interesting twist to the conventional crusty pizza. Love the cheesy mushroom topping!
Left: Mango Sparkling Fruity Tea IDR 27.500
Centre: Iced Lime Squash IDR 25.000
Right: Iced Chocolate
The waiter made an error with one of our drinks, lucky I haven't taken a sip yet. He returned later with the right drink and voila! I'm in love with my Mango Sparkling Fruity Tea. I was rather cautious intially that the gas would be too overwhelming, but the sparkling tea turned out fine.
Creamy Mushroom Linguini IDR 57.500
The Creamy Mushroom Linguini was a bit under-salted, so I helped myself to a generous amount of parmesan powder...haha. But I love how much mushrooms they put in it...yum!
Dory Fillet Spaghetti IDR 57.500
I'm a tad disappointed when I tried my sister's Dory Fillet Spaghetti because the spaghetti was undercooked and the tomato sauce was too sweet to my liking. Sad to say, the only thing that I can commend from this entire ensemble was the dory fish fillet.

Roasted Chicken Thigh with Teriyaki Sauce IDR 60.000
Meanwhile, my bro in-law chose a safe dish, the Roasted Chicken Thigh with Teriyaki Sauce. Again, quite a boo-boo there, as the rice fell short of our expectations. Though I didn't try the rice, for such price we paid, we expected the rice to be moist and tender (like the rice used in Japanese dishes). Then I took a small slice of the boneless chicken thigh, a tad overcooked, but I guess it was still alright.

Thank God the 2 slices of cake salvaged the day! I must say the Blackforest Cheesecake was one of the best cheesecakes I've ever had. And to reiterate the fact that this is not an exaggeration, I once went on cheesecake hunting around town (talk about random visits to Delifrance, Spinelli, Starbuck's, Secret Recipe, Breadtalk, Le Meridien, etc). And so far the only ones that managed to impress me are the cheesecakes from JW Marriott, The Harvest, & Bakerzin. Bravo!
Blackforest Cheeseake (or what's left of it...haha) IDR 27.500
Sweet Pleasure IDR 29.500
The next cake (which my Brother chose, as he joined the 3 of us much later on), was even more exquisite. It's a very unique dessert (it's not exactly cake, for the absence of any spongy or thick solid layer). Such a Sweet Pleasure to the senses for a sweet tooth like me...Discover the crunchy bits as you sink your teeth through each delicately crafted layers. Gosh, I'm drooling! Haha...

For the savoury dishes, Bakerzin merely earns a 3 out of 5 from me, but for the dessert, it won a 4.5 out of 5! Certainly there are rooms for improvement, and despite the harshness in my critics, I sincerely hope my critics serve as a motivation and not otherwise. Love sweets, love chocolate!

Bakerzin
Indonesia:
- Jakarta: Cilandak Town Square | Mall Kelapa Gading 3, Level 1 | Plaza Senayan, Level 2 | Pondok Indah Mall 2, Level 3 | Plaza Indonesia, Level 1 | Cental Park Mall, Level GF | Summarecon Mall Serpong, Downtown Walk
- Bandung: Bandung Supermall, Level 2
- Surabaya: Tunjungan Plaza IV, level 2 | Ciputra World Surabaya
- Medan: Teuku Daud No.9
Singapore: Jurong Point | Milenia Walk | North Point | Paragon | Suntec City | Takashimaya Food Hall | Tampines One | UE Square | United Square | Vivo City

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews