Bibliothèque

Tell me which library in the whole world would allow the visitors to eat, drink, smoke and party out loud? Nowhere else but Bibliothèque! The name itself is a French word that means library, hence the interior decor mimics that of grand European libraries with high ceiling, dark wood furniture and towering book cases filled with vintage book collections.
Every weekend this establishment transforms itself into a party venue, with different DJs and themes to wow the party-goers. I am most impressed with the interior decor and on the day of my visit, the place was still vacated, so I could chose where to be seated. Here are some pictures taken from the mezzanine level where I sat:
The menu itself is rather limited, from appetizers to desserts only required 2 pages. However, they have a real extensive drinks menu that's mostly pages after pages of alcoholic beverages (almost 95% of the entire beverages menu). I was not feeling rather fancy that evening, so I chose safe items off the menu:
Hazelnut Macchiato IDR 35.000
Fetuccine Carbonara IDR 65.000
Chicken Pesto Spaghetti IDR 65.000
Taste wise, there was nothing extraordinary about the food & coffee. I could have something much better elsewhere at cheaper or the same price. Unfortunately, Bibliothèque failed to impress me this time in the taste department, but I haven't given up on it yet. I could see myself visiting in the near future and perhaps then I'll order something else more arousing.

Bibliothèque Bar & Restaurant Jakarta
Sampoerna Strategic Square
South Tower B, Ground Floor
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav. 45-46
Ph: (021) 57956779 / (021) 57956780

2 comments :

  1. too bad the food isn't fancy! the place look so elegant and romantic!

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews