Bali - Ultimo Italian Restaurant catering

This shall be the first of a series of blog-reports from my recent short work-trip to Bali. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the caterer at our client's wedding was Ultimo, a very popular Italian Restaurant in Seminyak, Bali. FYI, Ultimo is related to Toscana in Kemang, Jakarta and Rumours in Seminyak, Bali. I was once warned that without a reservation, it is unlikely to get a table there. So to find out that I'm actually feasting on the food served by this popular establishment, of course I could not help but to snap some yummy photos and share it with you.
  

Living up to its standards, the catering proved to be a better-than-decent feast, which admittedly, is quite rare for non-hotel wedding functions. Needless to say, it was a garden party located on some isolated private villa in the southern tip of Bali.
Clockwise from top left: Lasagna, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Baked Potatoes, Tuna Aglio Olio Spaghetti.


I have only 1 adjective to describe it: exquisite! The chocolate layer was not too sweet, which compliments the sweeter vanilla layer, like yin and yang, perfect! And the Raspberry Panacota was such a treat for my sweet tooth! The custard pudding was just soft enough (not too eggy or gelatinous) and the Raspberry coulis gave a zesty finish to the whole ensemble. These were so good, I even helped myself with 2nd & 3rd servings! =P

The reception itself was located at Bayuh Sabbha in Uluwatu (yes, Uluwatu seems to be a favourite among couples, check out my previous post here). Here's a glimpse of the pre-sunset view overlooking the majestic cliff.

And of course, congratulations to Anita & Graeme, without whom, this post would never be possible, I wish you an everlasting & blessed marriage. =)

4 comments :

  1. I must say this is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been to. Besides the price being reasonably cheap, the food is really damn good despite the crowd. A must try: Squid Ink Pasta and the beef. Go before 7pm to avoid the crowd or you may need to wait up to 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this place, the prices are incredibly cheap! Great services, maybe not very fast, but they r always very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and my partner went to Bali, in December 2006 we stayed for 28 nights, and ate at Ultimo for 3 nights, including Christmas Dinner.
    The menu is so comprehensive, with so much to choose from. I would suggest the Parma Pizza, it is delicious and a real italian pizza...my partner is italian he says it is one of the best he has had. Also the Spinach Lasage is delicious, Bechamel sauce, spinach.
    The cocktails are cheap, it is a very reasonably priced restaraunt. Everyone recommended that we check out Ku-de-ta, but we sat down looked at the menu and everything was very overpriced, similar to prices in a 'classy' restaraunt in perth. And we asked for the taxi to take us to another place in Seminyak....and we are so glad that he took us too ultimo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to that, The staff were so friendly and on Christmas night when the restaraunt was packed, we were offered free drinks and had waitstaff constantly checking back with us to let us know how much longer the wait would be for a table, we only had to wait 20minutes.

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews