New: Tredici Ristorante

Tredici Ristorante, a place that the owner envisions to create a feeling as if you are entering a rustic villa in Italy, a place that feels like a home away from home. Why, it's not hard to imagine that, especially if you see a place that looks like this:
Tredici Ristorante
I feel like I'm in Italy!
Spoiler: Tredici Ristorante will be open for public on 24th September 2014. So in the meantime, keep calm and enjoy this post, who knows a few weeks later you remember about this post and want to drop by for lunch / dinner. :)

I'm quite embarrassed to share this little experience, but when I visited Tredici, it was actually not officially open for public yet. I thought it was, because of the information stated on its instagram account. I looked for a phone number to call and confirm before coming, but there was none, so I thought "Heck! I'll try my luck". So one fine afternoon, I came to Tredici, saw a flower board outside the building (which is a good sign, so it must be open), confidently strode inside and took my own sweet time in deciding which spot to sit at.

I ignored all tell tales that show the place is not publicly open yet. Signs such as how menu was still printed on white A4 paper with no price at all, curiously gazing staffs, the chef talking to a single guest, etc. I didn't realize it until the kind and helpful host (who turns out to be the conceptor of Tredici and owner), approached my table. She'd assisted with my order and  even sat down with me, that was when I discovered that I was actually an unwelcomed visitor. Oh, can you imagine the guilt and embarrassment!

Tredici Ristorante
Left: the 'dining room'
Right: the backyard table
Back to my touring around the restaurant, upon entering through the door, on your left will be like a living room with a faux fireplace, but instead of sofas and rugs, you see wooden dining tables and chairs. Then as you step further in, you'll be in the sort of 'kitchen' and dining room area, that's where the cafe / bar counter is and the counter where food comes out from the kitchen. Walk all the way to the end and you'll feel like you're 'out' of the house and the wooden floor suddenly changes into concrete blocks and 2 storey high green wall ends your journey. In the far corner, you'll see a water fountain (was not yet running when I came). It looks just like the rustic alleys I saw in the movies shot in Italy (or perhaps that's what I feel). No worries about ruining your makeup when sitting at the 'outdoor' tables, as the entire area is actually closed with fully running air conditioner.

Tredici Ristorante
Tredici Ristorante

My lovely host, accompanied me through my meal nonetheless, she shared the story about Tredici, which is 'thirteen' in Italian, and it represents the 13 shareholders. As the one to come up with the concept, my host envisioned Tredici to be an Italian restaurant that offers authentic Italian food, done the right and proper way. I do not doubt it, as the Executive chef of Tredici used to work at the Italian restaurant, which I shared on my very first blogpost.

Tredici is the product of her labour since beginning of this year, it's like having a baby literally, almost 9 months to prepare the 'baby' for delivery to the public. They are currently 'brewing' the second floor bar concept, 13 Monkeys Bar with Carson Quinn as the consultant.

The owner conceded that the number 13 is considered bad luck in various cultures, but monkeys are lucky animals, so it will negate any undesirable connotations or belief associated with 13. That's how the name 13 Monkeys Bar came about. She envisioned the bar to be a place to let it all out, to chill and to get unabashedly rowdy, accompanied with awesome drinks and cocktails. I was treated to sample its Berry Bramble, made with plum infused gin.
Tredici Ristorante


I had a cup of Cappuccino, served with a cookie. Tredici uses Caffé D’Angelo (Italian), for coffee snobs enthusiasts who are curious. I personally quite like the cappuccino, which was quite light and easy to drink, although others might find the coffee not dominant enough to be a cappuccino.
Cappuccino


I scoured through the menu and discovered that there are quite a number of seafood items. Actually the owner tried to recommend the lobster or other seafood, but I'm not a massive fan and was not feeling experimental, I just wanted something that is unique to Tredici and one that appeals to my taste buds too. So these were what I had:

Complimentary bread basket - a basket generously filled with fresh bread, made in-house and also cheese sticks, that come with some pesto sauce for dipping. It was my first time drinking Lurisia, premium brand of mineral water from Italy, I was so fascinated, I took the bottle home LOL! (>ω<)

Tredici Ristorante


Antipasto
Vitello Tonnato - 4 slices of steamed veal, served with tangy & creamy mayonnaise-like sauce and capers, gherkins and lemon.
Vitello Tonnato
Vitello Tonnato IDR 86,000


Pasta
Pappardelle Casereccia - traditional, in-house made pappardelle pasta, cooked al dente, and served with tomato sauce, green peas, pork sausage, mushrooms, parmesan and truffle oil.
Pappardelle Casereccia
Pappardelle Casereccia IDR 72,000


Dessert
From the list of dessert, I was torn between several items, as they all seemed quite common: Chocolate lava cake, chocolate mousse, pannacotta, Tiramisu, cannoli. But on my host's strong recommendation for its Tiramisu, I decided to give it a try. I am quite sensitive when it comes to Tiramisu, because I can make a damn good one, so even a little flaw will turn me off rightaway. I'm glad to share with you that the devil made by Tredici is a darn good one. It tasted just like what I'd usually make, but mine's not so sweet. The perfect pairing with this? a shot of espresso, no questions asked. Oh, do not be surprised with the price, the serving is quite large, enough for 2 to share, although I'm not sure how anyone would want to share this cup of heaven with anyone. 
Tiramisu IDR 60,000

From the menu that I tried, I cannot yet judge nor predict which direction Tredici is headed to. But I will definitely want to return to try the rest of the menu!

Open Hours: coming soon

*)  Prices are subject to Government Tax & Sevice Charge

Tredici Ristorante & 13 Monkeys Bar
Jl. Suryo No. 42 (click here to open in Google Maps)
Senopati - South Jakarta
Ph: +6221 7204567
Instagram



1 comments :

  1. Ellyna, loe tau darimana sih kalo ada resto baru?? Eksis bener haha..
    Tempatnya bagus ya dan makanannya menarik.....

    BTW, mau donk kapan2 cobain Tiramisu buatan loe.......

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews