Media Gathering: Cafe One at The Park Lane Jakarta

As a PR major, I feel tremendously lucky to be exposed to real-life situation, outside-of-classroom learning, directly from the experienced PR practitioners. After all, with my frequency of writing, it kinda makes me feel like a journalist sometimes. I realize that there's only a fine line between being a blogger and a journalist, where the latter has to stick to a fixed deadline while the earlier don't.

It was a rather unexpected invitation that came to me, kindly extended directly by the PR Director of The Park Lane Jakarta Ms Desiree Merlina, to join their regular media gathering sometime ago. I have my seniors (ahem! BA and RF) to thank profusely, who'd allowed me into their circle of friends. I believe it is the sincerest way of saying "I feel comfortable being friends with you and you are welcome to hop in and join our party". For that, I humbly thank you all :)

The gathering was set to be a free and easy dinner that was attended by seniors from various media. Although Ms. Desiree said it's not for me to write about, but I still choose to do it as my personal memoir and reflection.
Casablanca Splash IDR 55,000
Just for your information, Cafe One at Park Lane is the type of 5-star hotel buffet that serves just a select number of items with decent standard selections of buffet dining. With only limited manned food stations (pasta, hot and cold dessert), this is not the place where you'll find fancy stuff the likes of raw oysters, etc. Nonetheless, some of the rudimentary items here are really worth second helpings. Like what I had for dinner.

I would name a few items that you should look out for: The Soto Daging, Pan-Seared Fish with Cream Sauce, Salmon Ravioli and Italian Roasted Chicken with Orange Sauce. I had never seen Soto Betawi with very generous and very tender beef cubes, even better still, the broth simply tasted rich and heartwarming. Besides those, apparently the pasta station was very popular. I had asked for spicy aglio olio in a small portion and the crew helpfully obliged to my request. Dessert is not that fancy but was rather colourful (bite-size rainbow cakes, anyone?). I'd recommend the ice cream to end your buffet meal instead of the cakes.
Cafe One is located under the Lobby
Clean interior
Cheeses Counter
Sushi Counter
Italian Roasted Chicken with Orange Sauce
Grilled Beef with Mushroom Salad
Dessert selections
Operating Hours
Buffet breakfast: 6am - 10am
Lunch buffet: 11.30am -  2.30pm
Dinner buffet: 6pm - 10.30pm

Buffet Prices
Breakfast Rp 155,000++
Lunch Rp 195,000++
Dinner Rp 210,000++
Sunday BBQ buffet dinner Rp 185,000++

Cafe One
The Park Lane Jakarta
JL. Casablanca KAv. 18
Ph: +6221 8282000

1 comments :

 

Total Pageviews