Excuse My French! - Exquise Patisserie

I'm a city girl through and through, but occasionally I yearn to escape the hubbub and humdrum of urban grind and Jakarta's traffic gridlock. Quite recently, I found a little place that is easily accessible, yet could magically teleport me momentarily to some sort of casual bistro that would not look out of place on Parisian streets.
Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Mocha IDR 38,000

This unobtrusive cafe is located within Rumah Cokro complex in Menteng, central Jakarta. It's not a huge complex, but within it there's a gallery, a meeting space, a yoga & pilates studio this cafe and a few other functions that I couldn't identify. Anyway, the cafe that I'm talking about is Exquise Patisserie.

The story of this patisserie began in the virtual world, in the realms of online shop. Then, like Pinocchio wishing to become a real human boy, Exquise finally acquires a physical body in the form of a cafe. It's not a big place, but well arranged to maximize the space they have.

Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
merry-go-round wallpaper
Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Cakes & pastries on display
At the cafe, you could find sliced cakes and entremets, some viennoisserie / pastry and for the savoury stuff, the kitchen could prepare salad, quiche or sandwich for you. It was relatively new when I visited (about a week after it opened), so some of the items on the menu were unfortunately not ready yet. But I reckon, by now they would be ready.

So, I tried 2 of the signature cakes, Helena (like my name haha!) and Pierre (no added sugar). Helena (the red glazed cake) is an entremet made with valrhona Guanaha chocolate mousse with coconut biscuit, raspberry gelee, pailletine feuilletine & nutella. Whereas the Pierre that I tried was the less calorie version, meaning in place of sugar, they use Tropicana Slim sugar. Pierre itself is 61% dark chocolate mousse with flourless sponge cake, passionfruit curd & hazelnut praline crisp. Did I like it? Yes I did, especially since I'm more of an entremet and mousse cake fan.

Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Helena - valrhona Guanaha chocolate mousse with coconut biscuit, raspberry gelee, pailletine feuilletine & nutella IDR 48,000
Exquise Patisserie (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Pierre (no added sugar) - 61% dark chocolate mousse with flourless sponge cake, passionfruit curd & hazelnut praline crisp IDR 48,000
Madeleines (www.culinarybonanza.com)
fresh-from-the-oven Madeleines (not for sale yet)
I didn't expect a patisserie like this to be serious about its coffee (most would've gone for the safe but generic choice such as Illy), but Exquise actually served coffee from Brewphobia, a non-mainstream cafe in South Jakarta, which claims to be Jakarta's First Aeropress Brewed Coffee & Espresso Bar. Interested by it, I had no less than 2 servings here; one Mocha and one Sunda Aromanis Aeropress. Talk about caffeine jolt haha...
Aeropress Single Origin (www.culinarybonanza.com)
Aeropress Single Origin IDR 30,000
Other than the single cakes, you can order the whole cakes too and they deliver 7 days a week (better order in advance). In terms of the single cakes, I'd admit that they are not cheap, but if it guarantees quality and sweet delight, I would willingly part with my hard-earned dough. ;)

Oh well, if anyone plans to give me surprise, now you'll know what cake to get me =P

Open Hours:
- Tuesday - Sunday, 10 am - 9 pm (closed on Mondays)
- Delivery: 7 days a week (contact: +6221 4255851)

Exquise Patisserie
Rumah Cokro
Jl. H.O.S. Cokroaminoto 42A
Menteng - Central Jakarta
Ph: +6221 3161413
Click to open in maps

exquiseindonesia.com
Facebook: Exquise Patisserie
Twitter: @Exquise_ID
Instagram: @ExquisePatisserie

For live and regular updates,
stalk my Instagram: @ellynatjohnardi

2 comments :

  1. What an amazing post! <3<3 mau I know what kind of camera did you use on every post you shared? I love the graphic a lot :DD thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews